Saturday, June 22, 2013

Got myself an ombré

I wanted to dye my hair ombre for a really long time already but I never found the courage to do so. Last week I thought: "what's the worst case scenario if it goes wrong? That's it looks weird or ugly? Then I'll just cut away the dyed part." So I went to Kruidvat to buy some product. At first I wanted the Syoss Lightener 10 but it wasn't there so i decided to go for the Wild Ombré of L'oréal (dark brown to light brown hair) for only € 10! 

(p.s. I'm sorry I didn't make any pictures of "the process" but I was too excited to even think of it!)

Here's how it's done: 

Inside the box you'll find...
  • Gloves
  • Comb
  • Bleaching powder
  • Develop cream
  • Brightening cream
  • Shampoo
  • Instruction Booklet

And you'll also need...
  • tooth brush
  • old towel
  • old t-shirt
  1. Put the gloves on. I recommend to wear an old t-shirt, because you do not want to take the risk of  getting stains on a lovely t-shirt. Poor the bleaching powder and the brightening cream in the bottle of the develop cream and shake the bottle in both horizontal and vertical direction.
     
  2. Divide your hair in two parts. Poor the creammix on the comb and start to apply it on the ends of your hair (depending on the length of your hair how many cm this part will be). The more cream you put on it, the lighter it will get. Leave it for about twenty minutes.
  3. The next layer starts at the same line as your chin. Comb all the way to the ends of your hair because this time they need to be lubricated again in order to have a transition in the colour of your hair as a result.
  4. Now use the tooth brush to pick up a little of the paint on the brush and slightly comb your hair with the tooth brush between your ears and your chin. I know it's disgusting, but it really improves the transition of the colours. Now you'll have to wait 15 minutes.
  5. Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water while still wearing the gloves. Now remove the gloves and wash your hair with the provided shampoo and rinse again.
  6. And the result is visible! You're done! Pretty simple, isn't it?!
I wanted a slight effect that you can hardly see, so it came out just the way I wanted! I'm very happy with the result! 

Make sure that you spoil your hair with intensive creams and masks to restore it, because it'll be a little bit damaged and dry of all the chemical products.  


A big thanks to my best friend, Jente, who helped me with all the messy parts and calmed me down every time I thought I screwed up ;)


xoxo, A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment